← Back to home

Hummus improvements 2

Today I’ve improved my method of making hummus again. This time, after cooking the chickpeas for 2 hours, I boiled them with a teaspoon of baking soda for 20 minutes. I found this somewhere on the internet. The result was incredible: chickpeas became very soft and mushy, skins came off without any effort, and this all summed up in a very, very creamy paste after blending. Previously, no matter how long I would grind these peas in my semiprofessional blender, the paste would come out crumby. This time it was close to perfect.

Unfortunately I ran out of lemons, so the taste came out a bit dull and on the nutty side. To be continued.

Last edited on Jun 23, 2019